Does the idea of fall leave you dreaming of crisp, cool air, fiery foliage, and pumpkin spice everything? To celebrate the season, change up your traditional outdoor décor by swapping all your summer swag with fall decorations for outside. Not sure how you want to spruce up your space? Check out these three tips for inspiration.
Create a Welcoming Entryway
You only get one chance to make a first impression, so make sure your home’s entryway is dressed up and ready to welcome guests in style. Easy fall front door decorations include autumn-themed welcome mats and wreaths. Line your walkway or front stairs with a variety of colorful mums, pumpkins, and gourds. Place rustic barrels, galvanized buckets, vintage-style washtubs, or old wagons filled with fall flowers on either side of the front door, or stack a few hay bales at the door along with some gourds.
Bring the Indoors Out
Just because the weather is cooler doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy the great outdoors. Dress your porch, patio, deck, or backyard for the season to extend your own use and wow your guests when you entertain. A few ideas include the following:
- Layer accent pillows on chairs and settees for added color and comfort.
- Keep cozy plaid throw blankets for texture and warmth on those chilly fall nights.
- Swap citronella candles for copper or bronze lanterns that add rich, metallic color and illumination to your outdoor space.
- Anchor a front porch or backyard seating arrangement with a plaid rug.
- Dress outdoor dining tables with neutral runners, arrangements made with wheat, and small, neutral-colored gourds for a fresh, cool take on al fresco fall dining.
Include Something Unexpected
There’s nothing wrong with tried-and-true, classic fall decor, but, if you want to add a little extra personality to your outdoor fall decorations, consider using items that aren’t under the umbrella of traditional autumnal decorating. For example:
- Fall is also peak season for pomegranates, making these richly hued fruits a great addition to your fall wreaths and arrangements.
- Faux fur throws offer a luxurious alternative to cotton or fleece.
- Blackberries and feathers replace brighter foliage for a striking fall wreath that will catch everyone’s eye.
- Swap out the usual harvest hues for crisp whites with white pumpkins and mums for a different take on your fall décor, or opt for jewel tones for a fresh take on the season.
No matter the time of year, CORT Furniture Rental can help you keep your home looking its best. With a huge selection of furnishings and packages at your fingertips, you can soon discover the convenience and flexibility that furniture rental offers.