Summer Party and Event Checklist
We think of Memorial Day weekend as the official kick off to summer time and outdoor events. From barbecues and pool parties to more formal soirees such as weddings and corporate events, the great outdoors is the perfect venue for your summer event.
If you are planning an outdoor party to celebrate Memorial Day this year, we have a party checklist that will make sure it goes off without a hitch!
- Shade. In most parts of the country and especially the south, outdoor events can get hot! Make sure there is plenty of shade for guests to get a break from the sun. Set up open tents or canopies so guests can still mingle without feeling excluded from the rest of the party.
- Fans and Sunscreen. Provide guests with personal fans to help them keep cool. You can even purchase Memorial Day themed fans, which are both functional and fun. And, don’t forget sunscreen. Have plenty of sunscreen available for party goers to apply (and reapply) during the party. You want guests to leave your party sunburn-free!
- Outdoor Furniture. Furnish your party with couches, ottomans, end tables and standing tables so that guests feel comfortable as they mingle and chat with fellow partygoers. And, if there will be water games or a pool, make sure your furniture is moisture-friendly.
- Decorations. It’s all in the details so get creative and use your imagination. Show your patriotism with red, white and blue colored plates, streamers and table linings. You can even make Memorial Day themed snacks such as a red, white and blue fruit tray with blueberries, strawberries and yogurt.
- Prepare, prepare, prepare! During the summer season, you never know what Mother Nature will have in store. Have a backup plan in case of inclement weather. Also, try to do as much prep work as you can before the day of your party. If you are setting up any lawn games or outdoor toys, do the assembly the night before. Also, have all drinks stored in a refrigerator or coolers beforehand so everything is cold and ready for when guests arrive.
Depending on the size of your party, you might consider using CORT Events’ rental services to select the right outdoor seating and furnishing for your party. CORT Events’ rental services have a variety of outdoor furniture to choose from depending on your event needs and preference.
With this checklist in hand, you’ll be prepared to throw the best event of the summer! Most importantly, however, Memorial Day is a time to observe the military servicemen and women who have served our country.